Thursday, October 9, 2008

Proposition 102

Last night I had the opportunity to volunteer at the prop 102 phone bank. It was very interesting to say the least. We each called about a hundred people. We told them we were volunteering for the yes for marriage campaign. We asked them for their support in voting yes on this proposition. I got many different responses to this. I have to say the majority said they were voting yes. There was a man who said we should be able to live however we choose. But when he was told how it is going to affect our children in the education system, our churches wont be able to refuse to perform gay marriage. He changed his mind, so that made me happy. And others who told me I love gays I'm voting no. Then one response I found uneasy was a man and his boyfriend are trying to get married right now. As I was driving home I reflected on what happened and what is going on in our world and in the homes. And how hard Satan is working on people. If he can make it look ok, or if we don't except this we are not nice people. I really think it is the last days before the savior comes again. I reflected in my life and the improvements I need to make. And the list is long...... But I know one thing I want to be on the Lord's side. And I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the true gospel and of my savior Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I am glad you had the opportunity to take part. I am actually the Stake/Ward representative.

Erica Hanks said...

What a great opportunity! Dave has been working on mailers etc for the Prop for the last month! A busy time!

Linda Bennett said...

I just realized last week how much the prop would affect our schools and what they would teach our kids. Scares me!